What is Head Start...
A national program that promotes school readiness by:
- Providing comprehensive child development services to economically disadvantaged children and families, with a special focus on helping preschoolers develop the early reading and math skills they need to be successful in school.
- Promoting school readiness by enhancing the social and cognitive development of children through the provision of educational, health, nutritional, social and other services to enrolled children and families.
- Engaging parents in their children's learning and helping them to make progress toward their goals. Significant emphasis is placed on the involvement of parents in the administration of local Head Start programs.
- Developing trusting, collaborative relationships between parents and staff to support parents as they identify and meet their own goals, and nurture the development of their children in the context of their family and culture.
Early Learning at CCS
Children enrolled in Head Start and Preschool enjoy a learning environment of the highest quality, staffed by qualified early childhood educators. All our programs are licensed by the State or Municipality. Our primary goals are to promote children’s social skills and school readiness.
· Classroom experiences that include literacy development, early math and science exploration, creative arts, and physical health
· Nutrition program provides healthy meals in accordance with USDA food program
· Developmental and health screenings, with medical resources and referrals as needed
· Variety of outdoor play opportunities and field trips
· Regular parent-teacher meetings at the center or at home to discuss your child’s progress
"Attending CCS has made major changes for my grandson, who now lives with us as a foster child. Coming from a home with neglect and substance abuse, he was behind in so many aspects and it was causing behavioral concerns. With the speech therapy he receives from HSD here at Head Start he is better able to communicate which has relieved a lot of frustration for himself and the family. It has increased his self-esteem in school and at home. He has made great progress since attending CCS, not just academically but also socially and emotionally too. All that comes from wonderful staff and a healthy, safe and all around fantastic program!
We love this school and are so thankful for all the help they have given us in support, resources and most important helped turn our grandson's difficult history into something we no longer feel will be a crutch for him his whole life. He has made so much progress in the short days the school is open. So many of these children are living better lives just by being able to attend here. Most would benefit even more if it was a full day schedule. They do so much for all these kids and many go home to so little afterwards.
Wonderful program and Great Staff!"
-CCS Grandparent/foster parent